Sunday, May 20, 2012

DIY: more clay experiments

I've been experimenting with some more textured pieces to use on clay, and it seems that our stash of sea shells offers up the most options!  Here are some different textures using shells.
This itty-bitty shell has some black bumps that are really cool.
Here's a piece of a large cowrie shell.  Doesn't the texture look like apple pie?:)
My favorite:)  Anything sea urchin has to be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!
I mean, who couldn't love this texture?  The little bumps look like they should be outta this world!  And the mixture of light purple and green is delightful:)

And to finish off, I tried out a rubber stamp that I have

What do you think I should make with these different textures?

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a thought or two!